|Name of Technology||PV integrated solar forced convection low tunnel indirect dryer (updated version of Kalyan dryer)|
|Application/ use||For drying of agro-produce in agro-industries, gruh Udyog’s, marginal farmers with hot air temperature upto 70 oC|
|Estimated Economic benefit from Technology||· Compared to electrical or PNG based dryer cost of drying is 33 & 44 % less.
· For the case of onion drying, for drying 30 kg in 2 days. 300 days operation per year. The simple pay back was ~ 3 years.
|Number of users benefitted||09|
|Special features||• Simple indigenous design
• Low cost and modular
• Grid independent operation
• Indirect type drying – retain nutrients and color in dried product as no direct sunlight (UV) exposure
• Forced flow of air and “direct contact with product” for faster drying
• Environment friendly green technology
• Suitable for drying all perishable product
• Avoid dust exposure and losses of product due to birds and monkeys